Thursday 12 January 2023

More Publications!



Hi long-suffering readers!

Well, The Skipper Goes to War is out in eBook and Paperback and I'm very happy with initial sales. I'm incredibly grateful to those who bought it and if any of you are reading this then thank you!

I'm also pleased to say that I've enrolled the book in Kindle Unlimited so, if you're a subscriber, you can read it at no extra cost.

I'm slowly (very slowly) getting the hang of marketing and particularly Amazon ads. A couple of great books by Ricardo Fayet, at Reedsy, have been incredibly useful.

Marketing doesn't sit easily for myself, or many other authors, but the idea that I'm introducing people to my work rather than taking their money helps a lot.

I've also started research and plotting for the second book in The Skipper Series, 'The Skipper Goes West' and looking forward to the creative part of being an independent author.

Speaking of Indy Authors, I'm incredibly pleased I decided to go that way, especially in light of revelations from the court case around Penguin Random House acquiring Simon & Schuster, which indicates how little marketing effort the Big Five put into serving mid-list authors. However this case ends, I suspect the Big Five will soon be The Big Four.

It's more that that though. Getting my book to publication has been rewarding and exhausting in equal measure but I now feel stronger and better informed than at any stage in my writing journey so far. This gives me great hope that I can streamline my work-flows for the next novel - and certainly shorten them!

So again, thank you if you bought the book, and thanks for loooking at this blog - if you'd like to get my monthly newsletter, then please click this link: https://subscribepage.io/zMC2Ri. You'll receive a novella about the Skipper's experiences in World War One absoluteley FREE if you subscribe, the book sells as a paperback on Amazon but the free eBook is exclusive to subscribers.

That's all for now, keep on reading and I'll be back soon!

All the best,


Mark


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishermens' Jerseys (Ganzies)

Musings on 'Ganseys' While writing my subscriber newsletter for 'The Skipper' series of novels, I found myself wittering on ...