Saturday 21 January 2023

Published - and relieved!


 

Hi all, and thanks for supporting this blog!

The book is doing well with paperback sales, but really has awesome uptake as a Kindle eBook on Amazon. It is available to read for no extra cost if you are a Kindle Unlimited subscriber. Incidentally, if like me, you are a fan of Apple's ecosystem then try the Kindle app on iPad or iPhone. It's every bit as good as Apple Books and retains the page turn animation, the loss of which is causing such anger among users of Apple's eReader!

If you've read the book, in whatever form, then please do leave a review on Amazon (here). The reviews are really important for authors because a book's ranking within its Amazon categories relies not just on sales, but on the number of reviews. Please don't feel you need to give five stars if you think there are areas I can improve, but do let me know by commenting on this blog or using the feedback form on our website here. Just click on contact us. Those details also apply if you'd rather review without using Amazon.

In other news, I'm working on Book 2 in The Skipper series, 'The Skipper Goes West' as well as sorting out an AI (artificial intelligence) narrated audiobook which I plan to publish on Audible. Exciting (and busy) times!

If any of you are working on writing a book, I can recommend some resources which have been fundamental in getting my own work to market:

Reedsy. So much excellent information and advice! https://reedsy.com/

Kindlepreneur. Dave Chessons out put is phenomenal, and so useful! https://kindlepreneur.com/

and last, but emphatically not least, Joanna Penn's website and podcast. It's a one stop shot for information on craft and marketing as well as the best source for publishing industry news. https://www.thecreativepenn.com/

I'll take no more of your time, but keep on reading and check back for more posts. Oh, and give me a comment so I know I'm not talking to myself! 😂


Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishermens' Jerseys (Ganzies)

Musings on 'Ganseys' While writing my subscriber newsletter for 'The Skipper' series of novels, I found myself wittering on ...